Re: [microsound] stockhausen RIP

i'll second that

just as with any artist, there are things about stockhausen i don't like. fortunately for me and my tastes, his music outweighs his opinions in my ears.

i organized and performed in a festival of his music during the 70th birthday year roundup. a really beautiful compliment of pieces performed in the atrium of an art building on the u. of maryland campus (same campus where we did atlanticage).

that concert rings like a carillon in my memory when i think of stockhausen, because his works are often so intricate to understand and perform. his intuitive works are beautiful, reminiscent of pauline's deep listening pieces too.

stockhausen, scriabin, sunra ... saturn? - there's a cosmological connection there somewhere i know it

-m