[microsound] GPL vs. myface.fm

Dear all,

I woudl just like to give a shout out about these tools, as a response the long and bit-eating (in opposition to ink dripping) discussion we had about using or not the public "free" social networks.

For a while now i've been using this: drupal.org to promote myself on my own basis and in my own ways. Drupal is a very powerfull CMS published under a GPLiscence (general public license) that comes along with a handfull of modules that allows you to create a goodlooking, ENTIRLY customizable dynamic homepage.

You don't know what PHP is? well it dosn't matter. As long as you can read the difference of php4.0 or php5.2, knowing php5.2 is a more recent version of that code/software/what-ever-us-profanes-want-to-call-it, it is enough.

They have for example a module called audio, that let you embed your mp3/wav/ogg files in a coupple of clicks into your homepage, rendering the hole code for you.

It also comes with a Huge userbased help base, where you can post anyquestions about any issue regarding the software.

The good thing is they have no interest in sharing or taking any of the rights of the content you decide to publish, letting you deal with that on your own....

Want to be all free and generous, fine!
Want to be private and expensive, fine!

All they offer is free for you to use in anyway you can imagine. Although, once you find out what a marvelous job they do, you might want to donate something....

drupal is just an example, and my choice. But you could could also go for wordpress, copermine, bblog and you tell me the others.

Whishing you the best,
reSet Sakrecoer