Re: [microsound] blocks of time

i can't help but feel that the context of Road's comment has been misread somewhat. It seems to me that he was refering to the narative of the sounds themselves, the way they flow and morph over time, their temporal fluxs of density and texture. As i read it, this is the narrative that he is eluding to, the micro relationships of sound particles. I can't imagine that he had any insight into the world of 'rave culture' or the narrative flow that can be created within a party, and if done well, can span from dj to dj and encompass a whole party. rave music as i see it is not about the micro relationships of sounds, or even about the narrative within a track, but instead about a collective journey throughout a evening/day/whatever period of time. i'll go a step further and say that rave music isn't really about the music, it's about the experience.

'narrative' music, the best example of which is film score, is simply a set of well proven methods to manipulate our emotions. it's function is not to be listened to as such, its just there to tick the boxes...sad-check...happy-check...etc