Re: [microsound] nin

There is also the NIN run website for remixing. With multi-tracked versions
of NIN's songs. http://remix.nin.com/

And as for needing to make money by selling albums, someone already said
that only pennies are made per cd sale for those who are signed to major
labels. With this, not only is the middle man cut out completely (with NIN
lossing a minimal amount, and probably not -- as the flock of people who
will go to their shows who have not gone before.) and also, when the
physical goes on sale, they'll pocket that money. (Not sure if they're
putting out via their online store or into music stores.. So, not sure about
the distributor, but either way, they'll definately be making more than
pennies per sale).

I think this is definately a step in the right direction, legitimizing DIY.

Boris