[microsound] RIP Robert Rauschenberg

he'll be missed. certainly one of the most influential artists for me in my early days as a painter/printmaker/multimedia artist, his way with collage was brilliant. with the genre-busting E.A.T. collaborations with scientists in the 60's he set the bar for much of conceptual art to follow, and his groundbreaking work with merce cunningham and john cage echos still.

Bruce Tovsky
bruce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"A lot of people try to think up ideas. I'm not one. I'd rather accept the irresistible possibilities of what I can't ignore."

- Robert Rauschenberg