Re: [microsound] Simplest Way to Install Ubuntu Studio RT kernel?

On Thu, 05 Jun 2008 09:10:53 +0200, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> Download the deb file and install manually. Things should not, but may
> break however, so the better, but not so simple way is to learn to
> compile your own RT-kernel. It's not *that* hard with the
> "kernel-package" helper package of Debian. There is documentation in
> that package and there are howtos on the web.

Thanks Frank!

I went ahead by adding the Gutsy repos to apt/sources.list. The Ubuntu
kernel wants to see my drive as /dev/sda, not /dev/hda. I haven't
resolved this, but perhaps it's just a change in grub.cfg.

You're right about the Debian kernel system. I always shy away from
that because I think I'll need a longish block of time that I don't
seem to have. But in retrospect, I always spend more time on a project
than I expected!

So I should just jump in...

Best, Charles