Re: [microsound] Music Technology graduate interested in Game Audio

1. I know a few folks who love their jobs at Ubisoft in Montreal.

2. I met a guy the other day who does programming for gaming audio. He
told me that for each game, there's typically one sound designer (it
would take you a long time to get that position) and a number of
programmers who build the tools that the sound designer uses. These
are tools that will let you, for instance, paint where on a 3d map
certain sounds will be heard (like automation curves in a sequencer,
but 3-dimensional, and the character is the play-head/cursor). So, my
guess is that you wouldn't be of much use unless you A. had a lot of
experience with sound design B. are a programmer with a sound-design
background. But that's just one guy's experience at Ubisoft.

Good luck! I've always wanted to compose/design sound for anime myself.

--
Morgan Sutherland