[microsound] monocultures and broadcasting

If your sole interest is in minor variations of a well-defined genre, then
I'm not sure you'd be able to stand what I'm up to. For waaay longer than
I'm comfortable imagining, I've been doing a weekly radio program of
a reasonably wide variety of things which include some number of what
one might consider the stuff people discuss here. It's not fenced off, and
is interleaved with a lot of other work. The actual webcast time is on
Sunday evenings 9-11 PM U.S. Central Standard Time, and the show
is logged for two weeks after that. We're a rather small listener-sponsored
station of sufficient health that we can continue to do what interests us.
In fact, my program begins a strip of programming that does experimental
work from 9PM on Sundays until dawn on Monday morning - we all think
we're the luckiest radio programmers in the world.

gregory taylor
host, RTQE
WORT-FM 89.9 Madison, WI
http://www.rtqe.net