Re: [microsound] Formative microsound experiences?

Speaking of Wendy Carlos, the movie TRON definitely caught my young ear's
attention in terms of sound, even more than the innovative visuals at the
time.

I primarily make dark ambient, I think it's an attempt to recreate that
feeling of suspense and foreboding I loved in horror movies as a kid. Again,
I've always favored the sound over the visuals in cinema. A significant
formative experience for me was when I fully acknowledged that it wasn't
what was happening on the screen alone which was causing me dread, but the
slow, gradual, droning crescendo of music which made me about to jump out of
my skin.