container anxiety

> my experience in having run a record company for many years
> is that the perception of both the artist and the distributor tends to be
> giving the listener their "money's worth"...for artists, the approach to
> making a record tends to be filled with "container anxiety"...this is where
> the artist feels like they have to fill the entire disc with music in order
> to impart a state of "full value"

it's funny that you mention this, I've been having some 'container anxiety'
as of late. I've been working on DVDA for Universal and my tests are telling
me that with MLP encoding I should be able to cram well over 100 minutes of
48k/24bit/5.1ch audio on a DVDA-5 (single layer single side disc). Just
thinking about it makes my head hurt...

    Akira

 ____beholdicomewithcloudsandeveryeyeshallseea____________
            in girumimus nocte et consumimur igni