RE: [microsound] whoopsy

Sorry to take your time up with such an epic post. I've been stung, and
quite shocked, by the virulence of some of the reactions my cross-posting
has received, often from communities where I would least expect it, and I
feel strongly the need to defend myself. For anyone who's interested, I've

I must say on reflection I was most of all puzzled by the vituperation issued in response to Gareth's well-meaning and certainly not flameworthy original post, and I found myself with several reactions:

1 - a dance music compilation deriving from the work of microsound listmembers would likely be quite worthy of a listen;

2 - perhaps "going off" on a mailing list can be seen as a sort of glitch, not in the logic of a computer but in that of a person;

3 - creative attitudes which resist openess and shun outside influence are orthodox and insular and will over time tend toward inbreeding, deleterious mutation, and extinction;

4 - Arnold Schwartzenegger's admonition in one of his poorer 1980's action films (the title escapes me) that "you should not drink and bake" might be onto something.

Respects to all...

np - King Crimson "In the Wake of Poseidon"
--
NOTE NEW DOMAIN FOR E-MAIL & WEB:
joshua maremont / thermal - mailto:thermal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx