Re: [microsound] mp3 labels

i would hate to place mp3.com in a vaulted position, that would never be my intention. :)

At 09:31 AM 4/27/2001 -0700, you wrote:
>The below is true and good, but when one makes no choices about what goes on
>there "labels" as not to "influence it with there own ignorance." Then they
>leave the listener in an awkward position. If your label has no "sound" or
>"aesthetic" then isn't it just a microcosm of the internet?

Agreed. To think of choice as a function of ignorance puts places like
mp3.com in the position of genius. But even mp3.com lets the artist
self-select their categories, so ignorance would greet you at every
turn. :)

-eric