Re: [microsound] severed heads and you :) (forwarded message)

>"that was nice ,
>> do you want to hear it again?"
>
>that was the best moment the severed heads ever had.  it had the sample
>of the door closing and after a while a distorted choir sample faded in.
>yep that was definately best.  I thik the album was called something like
>"before the accident" or maybe after the accident but, I don't know for
>sure.  Anyways, I thought that was there only really interesting album.
>I heard a little while ago a severed heads track that sounded like some
>bad industrial dance music.  very cheesey, not in a good way.

there were at least 4 very interesting releases by severed heads, plus a
couple of Tom's solo releases before the industrial dance period.

earbitten LP 1980 pulsing drones and digital noise (yes there was such a
thing in 1980)

side 2, cass, a kind of tapeloop opera

Clean LP, Beautiful blend of electronics and tapeloops. The best release IMHO.

Side 3 cass

Blubberknife 1983, more nice loops and stuff.

Snappy Carrion, cass,  (Tom solo)

Eighties Cheesecake, cass (tom solo)

plus the wonderful Mysterious Kitchens compilation (which is really mostly
all members of Severed Heads)

All of these were great releases.

"Clifford Darling Please don't Live in the Past" was a retrospective
compilation which drew tracks from some of the releases listed above.

Ian Andrews
Metro Screen
Sydney

Email: i.andrews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.metroscreen.com.au
1981 - 2001 Metro Screen is a celebrating 20 years of access and
innovation in independent screen production.

Metro Screen
Sydney Film Centre
Paddington Town Hall
P.O. Box 299