Re: [microsound] Re: [micro$$$$$$$$$ound]

yeah thats how it was for us to in fact we booked all the same artists you
have mentioned:
kit clayton, monolake, sutekh, jake mandell, algorithum, altitude,
fishead, stewart walker, machine, unit, phenchia, marcus smeckler, bob
ostertagg. dan lui, therum, martin tetrault and so
on... as soon as our event gained some noteriety (shorty after the 6
month point) artists started getting piggish if you will and decided
because they heard of our event in thier neck of the weeod that we are
popular enough to afford thier silly request. They best one yet and the
artist will remain nameless was: 24 bottles of evian water, 4 liters of
diet coke, 4 of the best hambergers you can get in Toronto with 4 orderes
of fries...... I was waiting to for the rider to ask for smarties with all
the brown ones removed.... give me a break...
Any how this is not to say that all artists are like that in fact the list
I listed above were all sweet as pie to deal with its the ones Im not
mentioning that suck as people to deal with. I think its time for artists
to get the perspective they need to realise that just becasue some one
books a show it does not mean that they can meet all kinds of needs.
Be happy if you dont loose money out of it, like Ive always said if it
doesnt cost you any thing youve not lost any thing...
and the chance to poolay some place other then your studio is a whicked
chance for others to hear your music, thats payment enough at least thats
how I see it. I mean when elelctronic music becomes arena rock sized then
we can talk untill then the small tunr outs will never meet the demands
that some spoiled artists are asking for. I mean if some one really wants
to make money from some thing like this well you have a better chance of
doing so marketing your self towards the rave circuit or the festival
curcuit other wise you cant draw water from a stone...
Neil...