Re: [microsound] CD vs. CDRs

Agreed the trouble is not whether the label is CDR och CD.  But I have
bought much more CDR:s with a very sloppy, harsh sound-quality than
CD:s.  And this fact might give CDR-releases a bad name outside the
most enthusiastic collectors. I dont know, just speculation here.

It's probably just me that is overly sensitive about this but I really
enjoy a good quality recording which effortlessly presents different
layers/strands of the music.

I am not talking about frequency responses or nerdy stuff, just
choosing good sounding equipment and a little know-how on mixing,
mastering and psychoacoustics.  Of course there will always be special
events/moments that will shine even through the high information loss
of a bad-sounding release but in general there is no excuse to make it
iunnecessarily hard to appreciate the music.