Re: [microsound] Movies and Music

--part1_67.4a3e375.2b2e6f3b_boundary

Dans un e-mail dat=E9 du 15/12/2002 03:53:18 Paris, Madrid,=20
plastic_pimp@xxxxxxxxxxx a =E9crit :

> a few weeks ago while talking  bout movies with friends
> i told them if they wanted to see a good movie they had to listen to Miche=
> Chion.
> not only Chion but many other electro-acoustic composers have this aspect=20
> in
> their
> music.
> its not that the music fils my head with pictures, or tells me a story, =20
> but
> when i open my eyes again
> after the music is finished it feels like if i have "experienced" a movie,
> and if someone asks me about the music i can only tell that what ever it
> was, it was real, those sounds take up an almost toucable presence, not=20
> just
> some empty sound/noise vanishing in to thin air.
>=20

That's exactly what I'm thinking.
Do you know how we call electro-acoustic music here in France?
We call it "Cinema pour l'Oreille" i.e. "Movies for the Ear".
"Cinema pour l'Oreille" is also the name of the great series of=20
electro-acoustic music issued by Jerome Noetinger on the METAMKINE label.

Have a nice day...

[ http://xstreamradio.free.fr ]
[ Currently playing: L@N - II-1 ]

--part1_67.4a3e375.2b2e6f3b_boundary--