Re: noise?

> I am obviously missing the point. I cannot even begin to give you the
> names of the artisans whose work I am speaking of, so those who know,
> please let me know who I am talking about.

My appreciation for the vaguely-dubbed "noise" genre swings across two
seeming extremes.  I generally agree with an earlier post dividing this
body of music into "recording" and "party" styles.. (the latter being a
humorous title when I consider the larger spectrum of electrified music!)

On one hand, I try to experience some of this music/ these performances
directly, bypassing my logic and literal need to find out what everything
means.  As someone who hangs on the lyrics of pop songs, this is
challenging and quite liberating when successful.

On the other, I quite enjoy the conceptual / theoretical /
how-did-she-do-that? tip.  This is a pure indulgence in my literal,
logical self.  The upshot of this is that I often find myself bored after
approximately 10 minutes.

Some performers are better engineers than songwriters!

Kevin