Re: [microsound] re: 'Code as Art' Digest [from the PD-List]

john saylor <js@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
true enough- new rules to replace the old ones.

or emerging [rules/systems] [remediate/overlap/hybridize] those that are already existing

although, tools do affect the artifacts.

+ are also in + of themselves artifacts

ndk <ndkent@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I do see a negative connection with Modernism where the aspects newness become more crucial than
the actual content of the work.

then

john saylor <js@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
however, what constitutes content?

well, w/the [concept/construct] of Modernism raised, the question is about adherences to +/or ruptures from formalism + the "new" as a technologically [positivist/predetermined/utopian]

my comments on the PD-List didnt generate any further conversations on the PD-List, but might be of interest [in/on] microsound. rather than [re/cross] post them, these are the links:

[PD] [OT] code-as-art/art-as-code
http://iem.at/mailinglists/pd-list/2003-12/008294.html

[PD] [OT] [artists/developers]
http://iem.at/mailinglists/pd-list/2003-12/008295.html

[PD] [OT] open.src == art
http://iem.at/mailinglists/pd-list/2003-12/008296.html

when criticalartware's nxt version is released, anyOne that is interested can discuss these issues {w/in|on} our discursive()ality, liken.
--
#jonCates
# coreDeveloper