Re: [microsound] re: 'Code as Art' Digest [from the PD-List]

hi

( 03.12.10 07:39 -0500 ) ndk:
> Now what I feel is simply a bad thing is the possible tendency for some
> to start discriminating on the basis of code content.

true enough- new rules to replace the old ones. although, tools do
affect the artifacts. michelangelo didn't use a fork for his david.

> I do see a negative connection with Modernism where the aspects
> newness become more crucial than the actual content of the work.

however, what constitutes content? it is very difficult [impossible?] to
find common ground here. if we disagree about the content of a work, how
can we resolve that conflict? or is it always he said, [s]he said.

--