Re: [microsound] re: text and context / i felt that the sonic transformation was much more powerful than the visual transformation

Hi,

  Interesting that you converted several hundred issues...

  I time-stretched the soundfile from Christos' message 100 times.

 fffffreaky

  ccccosmic

  What I find most interesting , and I might be talking thorough my hat; is
the idea that even though I got a normalized sort of bump at the beginning
and the end , the text seemed to have a effect on the imperfections of the
'bump' or impulse , giving the piece its character.

   -almost enough to make one wonder if more messages make better music,
or...

on 1/20/04 3:58 PM, stephan mathieu at sssst@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> hello
> i recently got this by turning several 100 issues of microsound digest into
> audio -
>
> http://www.bitsteam.de/msdigest.mp3
> (5.5MB)
>
> then theres a nice soundhack translation of a review of the 'kapotte muziek by
> stephan mathieu" CD at
> http://www.bitsteam.de/plaintext/reviews/kmbysm/txt.html
> - stephan

  You know , when I listened to 'kapotte muziek' it really reminded me of
when 'audacity' gets botched up , usually by moving one of the soundfiles in
the mix to another folder, and yes; occasionally a small bit of the original
mix would shine through.

  Hopefully it's the context which makes it effective.