[microsound] Samples and Beets cds

Hi there all
was wondering what everyone's pinions were on the use of sample and beats
cds to make music.

Clearly it is as easy to make music with these as it is to generate your own
sounds, collect your own samples fom around the place.... personally I am
against them, I find great pleasure in digging ourt obscure drum tracks,
samples and spoken word from the mainstream and detrital media spheres
(records, cassetes, television, cinema) - probably because sampleability is
the focus of my music, finding ruptures and junctures between a variety of
found and sampled / ressurected sounds.... to me these types of cds kind of
shortcut the process.... I guess they make music making instant and easy,
but also narrowly focused. I mean, who puts these cds together? What
aesthetic are they deciding on, and then dictating to aspiring or working
electronic musicians. For instance, if you got a drum and bass megamix cd or
whatever, fiull of classic drum and basss sounds, which everyone then went
and used, there's only so far you can creatively re-arrange those sounds....
leading to a stagnation of aesthetics and style and sound etc.]... I
dunno... its early here, ut are rthere any other thoughts, things to add???
Is there anyone on this list whose music is heavily sample based??

peas
EjEss