[microsound] FW: REYNOLS "HOLYDAYS"

From: "Reynols ^" <reynols@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: REYNOLS "HOLYDAYS"
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2004 16:53:16 +0000

Hi, Everybody

In the past few days, we have received an overwhelming amount of messages from institutions, fans & friends from all over the world expressing their sorrow for our announcement of
cycle-ending. That's why, in order to avoid any possible misunderstanding, we would like to explain some points.

First of all, we would like to make clear that we are still together as a human group and we are in our best condition, both personally and artistically.

After many years working with Reynols, the thing was growing really big. In then years we have made over one hundred records, gigs, works on TV, long tours in US and Europe, benefit shows, workshops, etc. This proved very intense for us, and hence our decision to take a some time ?off?. Our "holiday" will give us enough time to evaluate past experiences and gather strength for our coming cycle. In this context, using a name or not using it is but a detail. In a sense, the whole process can be conceived of more as a transmutation than as a dissolution.

In fact, we will keep on working together, now firstly with Sol Mayor, a project integrating more special musicians that gives benefit concerts for schools and other institutions related to disability. And will also continue developing new projects that will be announced and released in due time. However we don't discard the possibility of using the name Reynols again for any particular activity we embark on after our "holiday".

Your reaction to our announcement made us realize what our music means for many people, specially for all those related to the field of disability. We really value the importance you people attribute to our work, and would like to thank everyone for all the support and the kindness received.

All the best

Reynols?

Buenos Aires
February 1st 2004