Re: [microsound] Net-Art vs electronic music

Niklas Wernerwrote:

> What makes net-art what it is in the first place?

Well first there's net-art (art on the net) and then there's net.art which
is more like "the net" as art. Net-art, I suppose, can be anything that is
art and is on the net.  Net.art, on the other hand, is more like mail-art in
the sense that mail artists used the postal system not only for the delivery
of art but as the material basis of their art. envelopes, postage stamps,
ink stamps and the service itself constituted mail-art's palette and canvas.

> Why is there so much so-called net-art that might exist as an inherently
> not-interactive video-tape as well?

Its global, its instantaneous (more or less), its free (more or less) there
are fewer problems with standards ( such as PAL/NTSC).