Re: [microsound] re: on working methods for live performance

In a message dated 13/05/04 16:48:00 GMT Daylight Time, taylor@xxxxxxx
writes:

.... and,  the
bottom line is that there is no bottom line.. everyone
expects/enjoys/wants something different out of a live show... there
is no one "right" or 'better" way to do experience it, or perform  it
Yesss!!!!!
Earlier in this thread I am seeing the protestant work  ethic
ie: it's OK if someone is working hard at it.
Stuff about not reaching interesting places by accident:
this happens to me most of the time and I go with it especially if I'm
working on a commisssion.(Why shouldn't life be easy sometimes? we had  enough of
the old bitch Thatcher in this country(UK) and the Christian  crap: it made
most people screwed up about everything and it sells tabloid  newspapers [however
I digress too much whisky])just because something  takes less effort or time,
why condemn or devalue? Whistler claimed  that some of his best paintings
took a couple of hours. Why is something  better because it took ages or made you
miserable or broke up your relationship  or you lost your leg in the process
etc etc?
damn "the Artist Hero". If it was easy, took very little time or effort it
just might mean you were more efficient, more able, more  intelligent.