Re: [microsound] digital folk music --was Re: barcode MIDI

Some very interesting points here. However, one has to allow for some
latitude in discussing, essentially, what are perceived as limitations to a
particular instrument or tool. For example, I think Astor Piazola proved
that the accordian has a wealth of potential as a worthy, nuanced and
versatile instrument. It transcends its context.

Also, I think the folk music analogy works with a more positive spin. If we
think about how modular and adaptable the form has been in the last few
centuries and how, in many ways, it has travelled very well...

Cheers

Chris McNamara