Re: [microsound] points, dots etc.

"to be brutally honest here: it doesn't sound like you have any
background whatsoever in Marxist theory or anti-capitalist philosophy..."

Why? Because I didn't swallow it whole? To be brutally honest, most of it is bullshit- Marxist theory is to Capitalism as Satanism is to Christianity. Two sides of the same disfunctional coin. Neither has the whole answer, both have some valid lessons to teach.

As I do with any ideology (or idea) I run across that sparks my curiosity I read/research until I've decided I've learned enough about it, I take the parts that speak the most truth - and there were some - and discard the rest. And with Marxist theory there was plenty to discard - ironically enough, as much as there was to discard in the corporate libertarianist faux free market crap you seem to think I have embraced. Go figure. See above.

"especially, since you ask me to draw the (obvious) connections between how capitalist superpowers foster compulsive consumer behaviors via advertising..."

I asked you to state your point instead of name-drop philosophers and sniping like an offended alpha-dog.
Glad you finally did, even if I had to pull it out of you like fingernails from a detainee.

If you prefer another analogy, one was provided quite some time ago - biological evolution.
Those that find a niche and successfully exploit it reproduce.
Perhaps you missed that?
Too busy being a frothy Bolshevik, perhaps?
Or do you reject that too?

So yes, while we must agree to disagree with on whether (properly regulated) capitalism is beneficial or detrimental, or whether free markets can exist at all, I fully support your right to your opinion.

~ !J!
http://www.endif.org
http://www.crunchpod.com
http://www.thirdwavecollective.com