Re: [microsound] Relevance returns?

I feel what you're saying too, but tools come with implications - that's
been the point of some others here from what I understand.  There are a
wealth of contributing factors that play into the function, acquisition, and
manipulation, and context of tools that can't go ignored when you talk about
a tool, right?  What those are and their role is the substance of debates,
but that they exist as important (essential?) factors is as I understand it
is well established.

X doesn't exist alone by itself without inputs and variables except in pure
theory, which is often bad news for accuracy.  It's really hard to get away
with talking about x by itself and be accurate because x is manipulated by
so many other things - that's the collective mess of culture.   You are
right that it is in this sense experimental, theoretical, and I agree.  So
the whole out of control myspace thing is really about these surrounding
intrinsic factors.  I found the points about the cream rising to the top
quite valid, but it occurs in context, context, context of a lot of other
things - I think we agree on this basic premise?

Glad we're regaining civility!

Kevin