Re: [microsound] Getting started

Hallo,
isjtar hat gesagt: // isjtar wrote:

> agreed there is stuff and you can abuse the max docs but:
> On May 15, 2007, at 11:13 AM, Benedikt Koehler wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >>But then for basic stuff you can also just abuse the Max docs to
> >>learn
> >>Pd. Both programs share very similar basics. At least I learned a lot
> >>from the popular Max courses like Peter Elsea's stuff, and I keep a
> >>Max-manual-pdf in reach.
> >
> >and then there's always Puckette's "Theory and Technique of Electronic
> >Music" which has many examples done (of course) in Pd.
> that book is seriously not didactical for beginners however
> theretically balanced it is.

I must say, I learned Pd also from books not about Pd at all, like
Dodge/Jerse's "Computer Music" etc.

Pd itself, like Max, is dead simple to use, but like many instruments
difficult to master. But the basics of Pd can be learned in a couple
of evenings. Everony can quickly learn what [osc~] is and connect it
to [dac~]. The problem then is: What more to do with it? And for that
you need to work on your theoretical background for example using
books like mentioned.

Ciao