Re: [microsound] Getting started

It seems like the cost of music software equates to the cost of being able to use someone else's imagination. And not because a user asks around for tips, but because the user can so very easily default to the loops shipped with the app, or the way default plugins make echo/delays sound, or whatever. Harkens back to that question of plugin presets that's shown up here before.
to me personally, this stopped when i started to use max. i really needed the power of it to express myself, i felt too confined in other apps. then again, it completely changed my taste and methods, so it's a bit of a chicken and egg thing.