Re: [microsound] Re: stockhausen RIP: NYTimes article

On Tue, 11 Dec 2007 07:49:34 -0500, Ben Neill wrote:
> I can't believe someone who literally wrote the book on
> modern music (Paul Griffiths) would put so much emphasis on that quote when
> he knows that Stockhausen was truly one of the artistic giants of the 20th
> century.

I'd say it's a testament to the editorial control of the Times, and has
very little to do with Griffiths. "Thought control" in the U.S. media
seems to mystify, but as Noam Chomsky once said: "Nobody asks how
control is exercised at Ford Motors." (Or somethiing like that...)

Best, vatic