Re: [microsound] beginning-less universe

Mister Miller! All jokes put aside, You just did my day!

thank you,
reSet

Graham Miller wrote:
well, i think they call it 'dark' because it does not reflect very much radiation and therefor it is extremely difficult to detect. in the same way that a black hole is 'black.' also, this idea that it blends into space like the cheshire cat, in such a way that it cannot be distinguished from so-called 'empty' space. also, it's probably dark matter, rather than, say, 'invisible matter,' since there are more things 'invisible' to our senses that visible in this universe, so 'invisible matter' would not be very specific. and last but not least, it sounds cool. which, in all seriousness, is a important and often overlooked way of making the general public interested in (and help fund) science.

g.