[microsound] ecology and physics

I come to science as an ecologist and ecosystem modeler.  This may be a slanted view, but I am wondering how or what people think about this statement.

Physical explainations of the world tended to be very linear in nature, specifically the dimension of time.  Concepts in systems thinking and earlier theories about ecosystem processes tended to develop cyclical time structures.  I say this in regard to the idea that an ecosystem functioning continues and reuses or reincorporates aspects of itself.  I am wondering if these concepts had influence of physics and the beginning of concepts of a universe that continually reforms and destorys itself.

Just  a thought.

Mike