Re: [microsound] nin

More money appears to be made touring and performing than the release of CD's.
If this is true Mr. Reznor is laying out the map for the very near future.
The creation, promotion, distribution of CD's is of course expensive, with artist only seeing pennies per CD. If this is the new paradigm and the media giants do not adapt somehow
the terrain will hopefully become flat and all artists can use this model to
survive and not live at the whim of corporate governance and the RIAA.

Cheers,
Marc

Kim Cascone wrote:
not meant to be promotional in the least
but I DL'd the new NIN release yesterday and was very impressed with it
it is a free download
available in one of four formats: mp3, flac, m4a, 96/24 wav:
http://theslip.nin.com/

my respect for Mr Reznor has deepened quite a bit in the past few years
screwing the music industry one free album at a time! ;)

--
marc mcnulty [mærðnír] -> sound@xxxxxxxxxxxx

works -> http://www.earphone.org
sound art -> http://www.artsound.org