Re: [microsound] nin

hey

On 5/6/08, Joel Justice <jj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  She wondering if I could see anything detrimental about it...  And it's
> been on my mind. Is this only positive for the artist and listeners? Any
> negatives at all?

well, what's negative to one may well be positive to another. so i
don't think you can draw lines like that too broadly.

the network is the best way to distribute music. faster, more direct, ...

it's no secret that the big 5 music companies used their stranglehold
on the distribution channels to ensure their oligarchy. i have never
been a big fan of the industry- i think it has changed music from art
to product [i know i'm playing 'fast and loose' here, but just play
along]. not too mention all the creepy music biz people that could
maintain their creepiness indefinitely as they were supported by the
industry.

so all the music biz people, and RIAA lawyers, and capitalists in
general would probably say there's plenty bad about giving away music.

but i think music lovers, anarchists, and free thinkers would have a
much different opinion though.

--
\js  [ http://or8.net/~johns/ ]