Re: [microsound] Music Technology graduate interested in Game Audio

seems like there would be a great deal of crossover here with the movie business, since it certainly seems like a lot of games are headed that direction; an amalgamation of film and gaming.

Graham Miller wrote:
loving this thread...

question: guys like richard devine, and other 'high profile' sound designers - how much game coding are they actually doing?

i mean it strikes me as two different kinds of skill sets. such there must be overlap and there should probably be some overlap, but just 'cause you can code some sound engine doesn't mean you have any idea how to make a spaceship sound really cool... it's this classic debate that goes on forever in the reaktor forums about the 'instrument builders' and the 'instrument players.'

g.