Re: [microsound] death of monoculture

Coca-Cola, Nike, etc, is a part of my culture, but IMO only because they've bought their way in. The cultural content they bring is generated only to increase shareholder profits. This isn't a problem until they begin to drown-out locally generated culture. I don't want to live in a community in which the only "shared experience" is the advertising material we view on the way to work.

/end rant. ;)

Damian Stewart wrote:
Marinos Koutsomichalis wrote:
Though I don' t think it's a matter of experience, I completely agree with you.

good! you think well ;-)

what the record companies what to sell, or about who works in the radio...

why isn't this culture?

arguably, Coca-Cola is part of my culture, as is Nike, as is News Corporation, etc ad infinitum.