Re: [microsound] mics >192khz

But where will you buy a new ear?

bt

On Nov 11, 2008, at 1:25 PM, flemming lyst wrote:

oh, im very well aware of the concepts. i'm just having a hard time finding
the gear...
but i'll test my mics and see where they cut off...
thanks anyway...

-eske

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 9:06 PM, Bruce Tovsky <bruce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

mics, being analog devices, don't really have a "ceiling" per se regarding sample rate - what they do have is a frequency range, and the higher sample rates provide a greater ability to capture those frequencies. so, the better the mic the better your recording (using any sample rate) and the better the sample rate the better (subjectively) the recording - or, i should say, the
better the capture of the frequencies the mic is delivering.
make sense?
best