Re: [microsound] visuals...

The little video included with Ultra Milkmaids' recent "Peps" CD provides a nice matching of distressed visuals to glitched sonics, its blurred shuddering interior vistas and bleached lighting offering a perfect backdrop to the dislocation of the music. I must recommend the album itself as well, for despite my first reaction - another once distinctive group falls before the altar of the glitch - I find the music growing with subsequent listenings, its subtly expansive sonic palette and unusually strong emotional resonances elevating it well above the flock and demonstrating how a strong creative force can maintain its personality regardless of the nature of its tools.

joshua maremont / thermal - mailto:thermal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
boxman studies label - http://www.boxmanstudies.com/