Re: [microsound] iMarketing

I was talking about my experiences.  The company I currently works for
treats branding and usability as different things.  Making software that
clients can actually use productively gets us more contracts and allows
us to keep the same clients and hence their support contracts.

Often clients have their own design guidelines for software and websites
which we have to adhere to, but it's not unusual for these to be created
by people who actually understand HCI related issues. So it's not all
marketing lead. Although, I'd like to think the company I currently works
for is fairly mature in this respect.

I can even get away with jokes about marketing people and
'the B Ship' in the office (Douglas Adams fans will get the reference)