Re: [microsound] etc.

on 5/13/04 2:51 PM, Massimiliano Viel at mail@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>> I prefer ears that listen than fingers that play non-good music.
>> I love whatever does good music.

> I thought that everybody here wanted to hear good music and not bad music...
> another thing is what to mean when sayng 'good music'...

You have to find for yourself!!

I don't mean..... I have a belief  that there is potentially  good music and
bad music.

Good music is John Coltrane, Webern, Josquin De Prez, folk songs from
sardinia.....etc etc etc....Bad music is what is not music. And there are a
lot of things that they called music but they are not.
I'm not talking about an absolute ear don't misunderstand me  I' m talking
about a quality that you cannot measure.... actually.

Good is what makes a  folk mongolian song, a haydn, some electronic music
to be different than some commercial rubbish.

> that's it! as we cannot talk about 'quality of music' in this context
> without risking to build a not shared and provoking interpretative
> ideology we can still share our intentions and (technological and
> not) means.

I do not interpret -this is far away from me- I'm listening.... that doesn't
mean that I'll eat junk food!!
No thanks!

> of course I think we all, I mean all the people of the list, is at
> some stage of their artistic path towards their will of doing their
> best job!! isn'it it?

Yes sure!
That's we are here to discuss, exchange thoughts and sounds, and Listen to
each other :-))
Long Live microsound!

>>> I think it is not only silly but actually very dangerous to judge the
>>> value of music (or man) by how much work was done (especially if you
>>> exclude things like preparation and thinking ).
>
> I think it is very dangerous to judge music anyway... but it looks
> man (and women) cannot avoid judging... :-)

You don't judge you prefer!!

>>> The people of the 21st century must finally understand that we must get
>>> rid of all these old ideas of hard working men and all that bullshit. It
>>> is time to make our machines work for us so we have time to think and
>>> invent.
>>> Man is supposed to be a genius, not a worker!
>>
>> The most classical instrumentalists have been in this kind of trap....
>> I know from first hand!!
>
> Supposed by whom?

By me! I NEVER  talk for others just for me!!

> And anyway I fear  man is "supposed" to stay a man... that is still a
> great thing even if not being a genius...

The genuine and the creative makes you human not
stupidity that prevails!

Best Regards
Thanos