Re: [microsound] etc.

I prefer ears that listen than fingers that play non-good music.
I love whatever does good music.

I thought that everybody here wanted to hear good music and not bad music... another thing is what to mean when sayng 'good music'...

another thing again is to realize that we can talk about music only when we (simbolically) select part of the experience we have when we "produce-listen to-play" noises-sounds...

part of the result of the music we are listening to is the (acoustic and not) ambient the music is played in and the (kind of - and target) focus our other senses, besides the listening one, rely to, for exemple....

in the past, as communication area was so time dependent and limited in space, was easier to refer to music, taking for granted all the things (theatrical, architectural, functional and so on) that surrounded the music.

in our era, where we have so many conceptions of music, not to talk about styles, media and so on... I think it is unavoidable to develop a sensibility of the "environment" around the acoustic part of the music.

that's it! as we cannot talk about 'quality of music' in this context without risking to build a not shared and provoking interpretative ideology we can still share our intentions and (technological and not) means.

of course I think we all, I mean all the people of the list, is at some stage of their artistic path towards their will of doing their best job!! isn'it it?

> I think it is not only silly but actually very dangerous to judge the
value of music (or man) by how much work was done (especially if you
> exclude things like preparation and thinking ).

I think it is very dangerous to judge music anyway... but it looks man (and women) cannot avoid judging... :-)

> The people of the 21st century must finally understand that we must get
 rid of all these old ideas of hard working men and all that bullshit. It
 is time to make our machines work for us so we have time to think and
 invent.
 Man is supposed to be a genius, not a worker!

The most classical instrumentalists have been in this kind of trap.... I know from first hand!!

Supposed by whom?
And anyway I fear man is "supposed" to stay a man... that is still a great thing even if not being a genius...

massimiliano
--
M  a  s  s  i  m  i  l  i  a  n  o                  V  i  e  l
http://www.maxviel.it