Re: [microsound] Using PD for microsound (newbie)

I am getting an enormous number of these two errors while attempting to run Particle Generator under PD 0.38-3 on Mac OS X 10.3

error: signal outlet connect to nonsignal inlet (ignored)
error: inlet: expected '' but got 'float'

There are also a lot of problems with the Pure-Data.org website.. for example going here:

Site error
This site encountered an error trying to fulfill your request. The errors were:
Error Type
RuntimeError
Error Value
maximum recursion depth exceeded
Request made at
2005/04/04 22:44:33.393 GMT+2

The recent discussion of PD on this list is very welcome; I have been dipping my toes into the PD water again after having failed to get anything to work in earlier betas and am excited about the minor successes I've had in applying my max/msp knowledge to PD...

Is there an active community of OS X based PD users? A mailing list or web-board? Would it be worth installing linux on one of my ibooks to run linux PD or would that be basically pointless (is there more support & externals for PD-linux-PPC than PD-darwin-PPC?)

thanks!
Anthony