Re: [microsound] Reverse Engineering Max/MSP Autechre (reaktor too)

>Morale of story: Some people - or institutions - just don't get it.

Agreed entirely- as someone who is very, very new to Pd I have appreciated
the free knowledge, wisdom, experience, and patches of those who have
contributed.  I would feel quite silly not to give back, particularly in the
sense that the internship I'm with right now is about implementing Pd into
my university's art curriculum.  It's an excellent way for communities to
hold themselves up somewhat independently and self-sufficiently - who
wouldn't want that?

In the hands of self-motivated people (we know many from the lists), free
knowledge can be one of the greatest gifts.

The music of Autechre has been a teacher of sorts to me in terms of a
particular brand of theory and composition, and anything to learn more is
always appreciated.  I can't even use those patches, but it's nice to know
they're out there if I ever find a machine with Max on it.  Nice to see that
veil peeled away from their process, even if they don't like it...  is that
questionable of me to say?

Kevin