Re: [microsound] Re: livecoding

On Tue, 2006-07-11 at 15:29 +1200, Damian Stewart wrote:
> this is marketing - they need to be shown what's going on, made to
> feel comfortable and secure and safe. perhaps the performances need
> to start from first principles, in tiny bites. perhaps a gig night
> could be structured starting with tiny little (10 minute) sets that
> introduce the idea, and the epic 45 minute four-person mega feedback
> mess can happen later on..

I think there's a lot of truth in this, satisfy people's curiosity, then
when they feel happy with what's happening start making music.  I think
the same idea is part of many musical forms - introduce some musical
themes, then play with them.

> so where's the live booty bass? on the openlab video that frank barknecht
> posted (hi frank) there was not one example of livecoded regular danceable
> dance music, and in all my researching i've never dug up any.

I don't know if anyone was livecoding at openlab apart from me and Dave.

Somehow we don't have recording of our more kicking performances but you
could try this one from last year though (adrian ward and I):
  http://slub.org/back/20050419.mp3

alex