Re: [microsound] Simplest Way to Install Ubuntu Studio RT kernel?

On Thu, 05 Jun 2008 14:45:16 +0200, Frank Barknecht wrote:

> I think, some magic added to "/boot/grub/menu.lst" should solve this.
> This file is heavily documented inside.

Yes, changing the reference from /dev/hda1 to /dev/sda1 in grub.cfg did
the trick.

> doesn't boot, you will have your old kernel available in Grub. Making
> a rt-patched kernel is a bit harder. (For my uses the standard kernel
> nowadays has latencies small enough so apart from enabling prepemtion
> in the kernel, I just use the stock kernel without any RT-patches.
> YMMV.)
>
> But if the Ubuntu-RT-kernel (or try one from 64Studio) runs, you
> should be fine with that as well.

It worked OK. What I was really after was the realtime-lsm module, and
wasn't certain what kind of support stock Debian kernels had for it.
After I got the Gutsy RT kernel working, I downloaded the realtime-lsm
source from the Gutsy repo and followed Guenter Geiger's advice in the
README. There were a few improvements with module-assistant, and it all
went together without too much mystery.

So now no complaints from Kjetil Matheussen's RT-Stalin...

Thank for your support, Frank!

Best, Charles