Re: [microsound] iTunes just ate a bunch of my unreleased music

marc_mcnulty (mærðnír) wrote:
Hi,

You may need to lookup FairPlay DRM, is what Apple uses. The problem seems to happen when iTunes is launched, it parses its database looking for new or changed files. If for example you have copied some DRM'd files from one machine to another and they are not authorized several odd things can happen; for some reason .aif(f) or .wav files can get unlinked in this process. I have not had the deletion problem, but I do think it's possible.

i don't think this is what got me. the files were there, i group-edited them to change the artist (to me), and as soon as i pressed enter they disappeared from the playlist, disappeared from my ~/Music folder, disappeared from my harddrive completely, gone.

--
damian stewart | +31 6 5902 5782 |  damian@xxxxxxxxxx
frey | live art with machines | http://www.frey.co.nz