Re: [microsound] Music Technology graduate interested in Game Audio

You used the magic words, skill set.  As i said, I'm a graduate, so right
now I'm super focused on demo reels, resumes and covering letters.  I'm
considering doing (and have already applied for) a Masters degree in Sonic
Arts at http://www.sarc.qub.ac.uk/ , because a Masters is better than a
Bachelors, right?!

It's all about making yourself "uber" employable, more so than that last
slacker whose resume [insert awesome company] just rejected.  The demo reel
will show them you can make interesting blips and blops, and for some roles,
that's all the employer wants, but I'm seeing a lot more job vacancies for
"audio programmers" with strong C++ skills than pure sound design/artist
jobs.

As I've said about the middleware products like FMOD, having knowledge of
those tools is probably essential as a musician/sound designer in the games
industry, and understanding what goes on at the other end of that
programming pipe can only help you help them help us all.