Re: [microsound] funny post on Linux audio

> I don't know many kernel hackers who fix problems in Pure Data either.

Everything would be well if those were the only problems that required
solving. Oh if only the time I spent with Linux was spent solving
problems in PD... That would have been time much better spent!

> Even these big companies backing it up have to play by the rules of
> the GPL and thus have to allow many more things than MS or Apple do.

Usually, but not necessarily so. Apache, for example, had a
notoriously GPL-incompatible license. And nothing prevents a company
from developing closed-source software on Linux (e.g. BitMover).

> For me it's more perfect than MS-Windows and OS-X. For many others it
> is as well, but of course not for everyone.

Fair enough. You invested the time and are reaping the rewards.

//p
http://www.interdisciplina.org/00.0/