Re: [microsound] Max/Msp 5 is here

It's just like musique concrète (in the academia sense) and the field
recording genre to some extent. Some parallels and common aspects, but
one lives in the ivory tower and the other amongst the mob.

I do like his music and the "microsound" book is well worth reading.

http://www.interdisciplina.org/00.0/